When Livers was first born I just couldn't WAIT to hear those glorious words coming from her sweet little mouth: Mama. A little after she turned 10 months we heard her utter her first "Dada", so I started to get really excited. Eleven months roll around, and we've heard important things like "bye-bye" and "that" (or "DAAAAAT!", as it usually turned out). Twelve months, thirteen months, still got nothing but more cute, **useless** words. I thought that as much as we see each other every day she could throw me a little bone over here! Finally, right before she turned fourteen months old I got my first musical "Mama!" I was in heaven! I knew this little butterbean loved me!
Fast forward three months...
How is it that the words you once longed for could suddenly make you want to hit yourself over the head with a wooden mallet? Don't get me wrong, still I love to hear a "mama" and see her little cherubic face light up like a kid on Christmas morning when I respond, but I do NOT like hearing, "mama, Mama, MAma, MAMA, MAAAAAMAAAAAA!!!!!!" five thousand times a day, especially not when I haven't even gotten up before she does to take my shower or if I've only left the room for two seconds to pop a squat. It truly is enough to make me run down the streets in my undies pulling my hair out. Jeremy thinks it is just PRECIOUS, too, especially since there are rarely any cries of "DAAAAAAAAAADDYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY!" to run and answer a bazillion times a day.
I know this will eventually pass when she is, say, a teenager and wants me as far away from her as she can possibly pass, but that seems so far away... For now, though, I am going grit my teeth and deal with the incessant cries for my presence (and arms to reach things) and count my blessings that I actually have a child that wants me for anything, because these days are short and meant to be treasured.
"Mama, MAAma, MAAAAAAAAMAAAAAAAA!!!!"
Ok, I gotta go... :)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

1 comment:
I understand! My husband often teases me with "and you wanted them to start talking." Sometimes it makes me so tired just listening to them. The upside is that the conversations just keep getting more and more interesting.
Post a Comment